Primary Traditional Functions
Tonifies Kidney Yang and Augments Jing (Essence)
Kidney yang and jing (essence) deficiencies
- Bone and joint disorders
- Spontaneous sweating during recovery from chronic illness
Tonifies the Lung, Stops Bleeding and Dissolves Phlegm
- Chronic respiratory disorders and cough
- Chronic cough due to Kidney and Lung yin deficiencies manifesting in scanty, blood-streaked sputum
- Chronic cough due to Kidney and Lung qi deficiencies resulting in manifesting or feeble cough and weakness.
Cordyceps is the King of Himalayan herbs. Buddhists that live in Tibet consider wild Cordyceps a vegetable because the entire silkworm is consumed by the mushroom. Testing in a lab proves this to be true. Cultivated Cordyceps grown on silkworms has been lab tested and has the same constituents as wild Cordyceps. Cultivated Cordyceps grown on brown rice is only missing the Shen qualities the wild Cordyceps and cultivated on silkworm Cordyceps possess.
Cordyceps is a Kidney Yin and Yang supertonic herb. It is the ultimate level of a Jing tonic that builds power and stores energy as well as Qi tonic on the same level as Ginseng. Cordyceps is also a wonderful Lung tonic that protects the immune system and a great sexual tonic. It is good for children since it has no hormone side effects.
Concentration: 10% Cordyceptic acid, .3% adenosine
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1 to 2 grams per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Use Dong Chong Xia Cao with caution in exterior complaints
- Side effects associated with the use of Dong Ching Xia Cao include headache, irritability, restlessness, edema and swelling of the face and extremities, epistaxis, decreased volume of urine, yellow, greasy tongue coat, and thready, rapid pulse.
Each package contains 200 grams.